It is so exciting to be an editor here at OH Everything Handmade. Bettina and the other editors have been doing such a fabulous job sharing beautiful DIY projects and today, as my 1st project, I want to share a project that has a bit of my home through our Ankara fabric.
Fabric necklaces are so much fun, super easy to make and has versatile wear. It is also a very unique project because the parts that make up the necklace can be turned into other jewelry pieces like earrings and rings.
List of things you need:
- ~ measuring tape
- ~ scissors
- ~ thread in the same color as fabric
- ~ buttons or other embellishments
- ~ sewing needle
- ~ ribbon in choice color
- ~ 1/4 yard of fabric
- ~ fabric pen (optional)
1. Cut out circles in various sizes from the fabric. To help, you can take any round object in your home, place it on the fabric and trace around it with a fabric pen or if you feel you have a steady hand, you can cut it out freehand
Tip: Start to create the folds as you sew along before getting to the end to make it easier to create folds at the end.
9. Sew on buttons or embellishments on the hole formed in the middle of the pouch.
10. Sew where each pouch meets each other in your design
12. Viola! All done! Now go strut your stuff.