Ever since I’ve met my husband he has always shaved his head. One day I asked him why, and he replied; after I realized that I had some bald patches I decided to just shave it all off. He never thought about letting his hair grow out again until I asked him if he would want to try it with an Essential oil hair growth serum which could support hair growth again.
Surprisingly he was up for it, so I made him a little bottle of Essential Oil Hair Growth Serum which he applies every night ever since.
|Certain essential oils can stimulate the hair follicles and increase circulation to the scalp, which contributes to hair regrowth and may slow hair loss.||
Rosemary Oil is not only good for hair growth, but also for soothing itchy skin. It increases blood circulation to the scalp, which encourages hair nourishment and at the same time, helps in fighting dandruff. However, rosemary oil is usually not recommended for pregnant women as well as for people who are suffering from hypertension.
Suitable for: All hair types
Apart from being an anti-bacterial agent, Lavender oil happens to possess several regenerative properties which make it ideal to improve skin and scalp problems such as dandruff, itchiness and hair loss. When used in combination with other essential oils, it is said to produce remarkable results with respect to hair growth.
Suitable for: Oily hair
Jojoba oil is probably one of the most popular and well-known oils when it comes to natural hair loss remedies. What makes it so popular is that it can be easily mixed with any other oil (such as coconut oil) and can produce amazing results for people experiencing hair loss due to dry or damaged hair. At the same time, jojoba oil itself serves the purpose of being a good carrier oil in which other essential oils can be mixed. Jojoba oil is often used in combination with rosemary oil in various hair treatment products. The resultant combination of the two oils makes for a very effective hair conditioner.
Suitable for: Dry and damaged hair
The Basil Oil is another essential oil for hair support and hair growth. When used in conjunction with fenugreek, it improves blood circulation to the hair tissue, which promotes hair growth. The antioxidant properties of this herb are beneficial for the scalp and hair follicles. It acts as a moisturizer and adds luster to dry hair.
Suitable for: Oily scalp
Tea Tree Oil
Thanks to its antiseptic and anti-viral properties, the Tea Tree oil is supportive to scalp circulation and hair-loss. It is very effective in fighting dandruff and when used in conjunction with jojoba oil or any other carrier oil. You can add a few drops to your natural Young Living shampoo for added support.
Suitable for: Itchy scalp
DIY Essential Oil Hair growth Serum Instructions:
Start by sterilizing the bottle, this can be done two ways
In the dishwasher
This is the easiest of the two methods so if you have a dishwasher, it’s the best option to go for.
- Fill your dishwasher with your clean bottle (if using old bottles, you will need to rinse them out first.)
- Set your dishwasher to the highest setting or steam setting if it has one and put them through a cycle.
- Leave to cool slightly in the dishwasher and remove each one as you need it.
In the oven
- Wash the bottle thoroughly using warm water and washing up liquid and rinse clean.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on one of the shelves of your oven (not at the bottom of the oven) and place the bottle on the shelf – if you sterilize more then one, make sure they’re not touching each other.
- Heat your oven to 140°C/210°F/Gas Mark 1 and dry out the jars for around 15-20 mins.
- Let the bottle(s) cool down for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Essential Oils Hair Growth Serum Recipe:
- To begin with, you will need 2oz jojoba oil to dilute the oils.
- Put 10 drops of the Lavender, 2 drops Basil, 5 drops Rosemary and 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil in the carrier oil (jojoba oil) and mix well – to order your oils at a 24% discount, click here.
- Put some amount of the mixture on your hands and rub them to spread the mixture evenly.
- Now, work the oil mixture on your scalp only, by massaging gently in circular motion.
- Avoid rigorous movement of the hands for it can weaken or even damage hair roots.
- Keep the mixture on the scalp as long as possible; keeping it overnight is best.
- For better results, use a fragrance-free shampoo to wash the hair.
- Shake well before each use
Disclaimer: This OEH article is for informative purposes only and does not, intend to replace the advice of a medical expert.
Though all these oils have numerous supportive benefits, some of them can at times, have certain side-effects. Therefore, it is advisable that you consult an experienced doctor before you begin using them.