Hi there, we are back with another Vegan recipe from Keana Aquino. Today she will share her Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe. If you missed her previous PUMPKIN SPICE DOUGHNUT WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE RECIPE make sure to check it out, too.
I created this Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe on accident as I was actually trying to make pumpkin pie spiced cookies instead! Once my recipe called for the pumpkin puree, I realized that I didn’t have enough, and so, I decided to just omit the pumpkin puree all together.
Although I couldn’t think of what to call my new tasty creation, I decided to have my friends try the cookies out themselves, and they all agreed that the cookies tasted like vegan snickerdoodle cookies! That goes to show that accidental creations can turn out to be one of the most incredible creations.
These Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies are healthy and can definitely be enjoyed by anyone. Happy baking!
Find Keana on Instagram for more recipes and her daily vegan meals.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips (melted for topping)
- Combine the dry ingredients (excluding the sugar) into one bowl.
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and into the microwave for 30 seconds or until completely melted.
- Mix the melted coconut oil with the vanilla and non-dairy milk, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until a dough is formed (you can use your hands to form it into a ball).
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 10-15 mins (this will make the cookie cutting easier, and allow the flavors to fuse together).
- Once the dough has been cooled, flour a clean surface and use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough to about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Use any cookie cutter shape(s) you prefer; then, transfer the cookies onto parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the cookies for 10 mins.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool on a wire rack for about 15-20 mins, or until hardened.
- For the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 sec. intervals until completely melted.
- Have fun designing the cookies, and enjoy!
// PIN IT //