Tools and Materials
* Sewing machine and sewing supplies
* Scraps of gingham, cut into 3 1/2-inch squares, from New York Elegant Farbrics, 212-302-4980
* Scraps of solid cotton, cut into 3 1/2-inch squares
Iron-on vinyl, thermowebonline.com
“Oilcloth” Coasters How To:
* With a 1/2-inch seam allowance, sew gingham onto solid cotton square.
* Following manufacturer’s instructions, press vinyl onto gingham.
* Trim all the way around by 1/4 inch.
Coasters with contrasting stitching pop when placed on a smaller-check gray gingham tablecloth, turned into oilcloth with iron-on vinyl.