Note: If your dog has an allergy for Peanut butter, this may not be the right recipe for you!
The beauty of this recipe is that because it’s extremely simple, it can easily be jazzed up. Just make sure that anything you add is safe for dogs (the ASPCA has some guidelines here) and try to keep the ratio of dry to wet ingredients equal (for example, if you want to add in an egg, don’t use quite as much water).
Peanut Butter Dog Treats (makes about 3 dozen)
adapted from Allrecipes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter and hot water. Mix until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto your work surface and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter (you can find the bone-shaped one at Mignon) and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
already made Treats:
Vegetarian Dog Treats, Large (Double Batch) – $16.00
1 lb Chicken, Liver, Peanut or Salmon Basic Dog Biscuits No Frills Just Yummy (16 oz) – $4.00
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Dog Cookies (wheat-free)—Homemade Dog Treats – $8.00